Beemet Ammeter Shunts are manufactured with high quality Manganin wire, which is the best alloy for shunts application with temperature coefficient of only 10ppm. This provides a high level of stability. Our shunts confirm to IS:1248 specifications and are approved by DOT (CACT) Bangalore.
• Very low temperature coefficient.
• In-line bus bar mounting.
• Withstands high overload.
• Ruggedly constructed.
• Shock & vibration proof.
• Long term stability.
• Custom made shunts available.
|Milli Volt Drop||Standard: 50mV, 60mV, 75mV
Other mV outputs available on request
|Accuracy||± 0.5% / ±1.0%|
|Overload Capacity||According to IS: 1248 / IEC 51|
|Short duration||10 times for 5s: 1 overload|
|Continuously||20% rated current|
|Temperature Coefficient||0.002% per °C|
|Ambient Temperature||Calibration at 23°C|
|Operating Temperature||-10 to 55°C|
|Storage Temperature||-20 to 70°C|
|Maximum load||Not to exceed 0.1% of the nominal current rating for specified accuracy|
|I Section||1A – 30A, 40A, 50A, 60A, 75A, 80A, 100A, 120A, 150A, 200A, 250A, 300A|
|L Section||400A, 500A, 600A, 750A, 800A, 1000A, 1200A, 1500A, 2000A, 2500A, 3000A|
|T Section||4000A, 5000A, 6000A, 7500A, 8000A, 10000A, 12000A, 15000A|
• Shunts may be mounted horizontally or vertically. Horizontal mounting gives the best heat dissipation.
• Utilize the full end block surface area.
• Ample ventilation should be provided.
• Busbar should be adequately rated, cleaned and coated with a thin layer of silicon grease applied to the contact surface area.
• Bolts & nuts must be carefully tightened.